Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a Pre-Prod Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherylAnderton

Technical User
Nov 21, 2016
US
Need another eye to make sure I have all steps to building my pre-prod environment in UNIX

1. Tar'ed up an admin and front-end install on production and moved it to the pre-prod box
2. Un tar'ed the two installs
3. Change the paths, ports, server and db configs in the ini file

How do I just take a subset of the data? filestore/provider table?
Is there anything else to change in the ini files or any other config files.

Cheryl

I usually do it like this
The DB if copied over contains the production admin server settings.When you actually connect it to the restored database and the LLserver starts working
you will be placed in a position where it will ask you to change the admin server.At this point if your admin service or in unix the daemon is running
you are able to change it in this section.More often than not this step will fail and then you may have to resort to OT support or do things to clean it up manaually
At no point should you be deleting the Datasource folder from the clone because if you are not effectively firewalled you will most likely be hitting production
Usual firewalling in winodws looks like this,on the server where you are restoring you will edit its hosts file and put against its own address like 127.0.0.1 the
other real production servers,so if any command issued from this cloned server calling out a rm-rf to the prod server is hitting the same server itself.Also I would
make sure you copy the production indexes safely using the OT abckup manager,even if you accidentally delete production it is very easy for indexing to be put back if you have that backup.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

have you checked the KC as they have several docs with lots of details in addition to AppNair's excellent post on the subject ?

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back