Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a menu (like MS Word or BCB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyprus106

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
I've been using BCB for a long time and I've never truly understood how to make one of those menus that compare to to MS Word (or the BCB view), with the File, Edit, etc... at the top and then the colorful buttons w/ glyphs etc, each grouped in their own little menu chunks that can be respectively moved around.

I used a CoolBar base and ToolBars to try this, but I couldn't seem to accomplish what I wanted. The ToolBar component wouldn't let me add labels or buttons w/o resizing them to 8W 7L, then it would keep ButtonHeight and ButtonWidth props to 8 and 7 and wouldn't change them back!!

SO THE QUESTION IS THUS: What combinations of toolbar-type components do I use to create something similar to Word's menu. i.e. Some buttons are fine with just a glyph alone. But others I need full text, and I'll need at least 1 DropDown box. Thanks so much for the help!

Cyprus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back