Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a form to enter, check, and then store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2003
US
I want to build a form where you enter in information through a series of linked combo boxes, then the information goes into a list box. The user needs to be able to see the information they just entered in the list box while entering a new record. When they are done entering records there needs to be an error check to make sure the combined records equals a 100 percent. After this check is completed then I want the information stored.

In addition by double clicking a record in the list box you can change the information when it appears back in the combo boxes.

Is all this feasible?? I'm open to suggestions and advice. Thanks - Doug

Yes Doug, this is doable. As far as feasable, that depends on how much you use it and if it actually productive in your business practices. One would need to know a little more information. Like how many fields (combo box's) are we talking about? When you say 100%, are you talking mathmatically?

You can email me directly if you'd like with more detail or post it here in hopes that someone else may be able to add to the venture as well.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==> Contact me at ==>lonniejohnson@prodev.us

May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

There are 4 combo boxes and 2 text boxes. I've already started linking the combo boxes. First cbo has only 2 options, which is the type of account.

The second cbo is Fund Family, which are the different mutual fund families.

The third and 4th cbo are linked together and to the 2nd combo box. Linking to the second combo box limits the selection only to funds in the fund family. They both do the samething, either looking up by ticker or name. That is why they are linked together.

The first text box is the amount that the fund recieves. The second is the percantage the fund recieves. One of these fields could obviously calculated by the other.

The check on the percantage is so we don't invest more or less money than a person has.

Let me know what details you need. Thanks for helping, I just started this job and I'm fresh out of college so I don't have much experience. My boss is nice enough to let me learn while still paying me. Thanks again - Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back