Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a CMS (emulator) Custom Report - Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVelle

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
US
Hopefully someone is able to give me some insight to what I am doing wrong within Screen Painter (I much prefer Emulator over Supervisor), I written many cust reports before, but have never been uber proficient when it came to Row Searches and building a report from scratch (modifying and adding columns etc have never been a prob), so its not that I dont have any experience, just not as proficient as I like.

Issue - Copied over a base report, which allows you to view multiple days (ie -10--1 by day with totals showing > most of the items are basic database items in the copied report: Calls offered/Ans/ABN/ %ABN/ABN over Acc/Avg ACW time/CSL/Ans Under Acc/etc, all using "dsplit" for calcs), and I needed to add to it for a new client coming onboard.

Whats happening is just my Totals row is not showing totals, it is pulling one day out of the middle of the week that I run for the entire total row(ie I run a report for Mon - Fri, report shows M-F but the totals row has all the values from Thursday only), but whats really strange is that the issue only seems to happen once I add new database items/calcs to the report (calls held/%held/transferred/avg hold/total hold/avg handle time). All the new database items exist in dsplit as well, and ive looked at other reports that use these calcs. Ive kept multiple versions, and the first version with the rearranged report and the original data both work fine by themselves.

I recreated the report a number of times, walked through each field to validate the database item, validated with "test design" step by step in rebuilding with no errors.

Can anyone give me any insight? How can adding database items to a working report that are supposed to work on a dsplit cause this type of conflict?

Thanks in advance

show me the field definition screen so i can see what database item you have the problem with, a screen copy and paste will do.

Also how many ro searches do you have on this report. You should have at least 2. One for the static totals, and one for the daily information.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Thanks Inerguard....

I resolved the issue (was driving me nuts)... started removing blocks of data, one calc at a time, to weed down to exacatly what could be causing this.... and it was my own stupidity.

Issue was a cust calc to do Avg hold time, after I identifed where the issue was coming from, I got rid of the cust calc and put the individual database items in and viola it worked -- For some reason the system would not let this custom calc be used (HOLDTIME/HOLDCALLS) within dsplit... when broken out my totals came back to normal...

If you have any insight why this happened that would be great (I dont believe the cust calcs are nailed down to a particular Table, but even when I when I was labeling all my fields to pull from dsplit the issue still happened.

Thanks again for offering to try to assist...MUCH appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back