Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a booklet with top/bottom pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpslav

Technical User
Feb 12, 2003
US
Hi - I'm trying to make a booklet in Pagemaker where the pages are referenced as top and bottom instead of left and right (with an 8.5 x 11 page in front of you in a 'portrait' orientation, fold the top down towards the bottom -- I'd want my first page to be what's in front of you, the 2nd to be the top when you open up what you just folded, etc).

Is there any way to do this? I have 8.5 x 5.5 pages now, but when I try to build a booklet, it makes a spread that is 17 x 5.5 inches instead of 8.5 x 11. Any ideas?

Thanks, JP

I have just done a little test to see if I could replicate what you have described and I think I see the problem. The only way I can see how to achieve what you are trying to do is to approach the project 'sideways'. Performing the BB function if the pages are laid out as you want them read (landscape) will result in what you have described i.e. a booklet with pages 17 x 5.5". So I think you will have to design your book sideways. A bit tricky to say the least.

I suggest you do the layout as landscape single pages i.e. not have the double sided option turned on when you set up your publication, then when you are finished, group everything on each page, go back to doc setup, change the orientation and turn on the double sided feature. You would then have to go back to each page and rotate them 90 degrees CCW. But I think then the BB fiunction would work in the way you want it to.

As Lyn says. Rotating all the text and images on the page is the way to do it and turning the monitor on its side can ease neck ache.

If you are printing to something like a Canon Image Runner, the printer driver can help by rotating pages or creating a horizontal binding, but really PM's lacking the facility you require.

Iechyd da! John
15:38 17/02/03 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back