Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building 7.5 Co-res on CPPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooliepride

Programmer
Jun 5, 2014
US
I have all the necessary hardware (2GB RAM---40GB HD)
Confused as to the install process.
Do I need both the 7.5 Linux and the 7.5 CS Install RMD's?
My thoughts were to install the 7.5 Linux and then add CS (keycodes) through UCM but not sure.
Also do I need FMD on the CPPM in addition to the HD or just the HD alone?
Thank you

I'm pretty sure a CoRes needs 2 simms 2 GB each for a total of 4 GB, you install the CoRes Linux software and then patch and deploy applications. All you need is the HDD and flip the switch to the HDD position. If you haven't done this before I suggest doing some research. You don't put in the keycodes until you deploy CS

I stand corrected, you only need 2 GB total. You need to read this document NN43001-509_03.01_fundamentals_CoRes_Call_Server_Sig_Server.pdf

part of deploying the Applications will ask for the keycode validation as you would choose CS+SS, like KCFLHRC says just Hard Disk and Dongle need to be on the board, CS is deployed as a linux app. If you need to restore a database that can also be done as part of the deployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back