Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Build problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

keizersoz

Programmer
Apr 22, 2004
BE
I'm working with visual studio c++ 6.0 (couldn't get use to visual studio.net 2003, too many changes) and manytimes when I have a compilation error and I compile or build the project visual get stuck at this point , and when I click on "stop build" nothing happens. someone an idea what it could be? It keeps on trying to buid the project.

Have you got the latest service pack?

/Per
[sub]
"It was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure."[/sub]

Actually I don't. Can it really be related to this?

> Can it really be related to this?

Well, what you describe would be a bug in the Visual Studio, no?

Like "visual get stuck" and "when I click on "stop build" nothing happens"

<inGeneral>If you find bugs in software the first thing to do is to get the latest version. If that doesn't solve it you've at least taken care of the most obvious solution...</inGeneral>

/Per
[sub]
&quot;It was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure.&quot;[/sub]

You should have at least service pack 4 for Visual Studio 6. All previus service packs are bad. Please do not install SP over 5, they have other problems.

Look for sp4 or sp5 for VS6

HTH,

s-)

Blessed is he who in the name of justice and goodwill, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back