Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Build guy needs help with JavaScript :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneras

MIS
Mar 29, 2001
US
I came into work today and this bug had been assigned to me:

"Need to figure out a scheme that causes as little work as possible to make certain the the browser fetches new versions of javascript and resources correctly. So browser caching needs to cache things normally, but fetch any new versions appropriately."

Any ideas on how to do this? Any help on where to point me to whould be great. Possibly CVS? It took me all day just to figure out how to compress and obfuscate .js files, this next task sounds a bit harder :)

hmmm, im not sure what your asking for actually -- the cache-ing of files and requesting of newer documents is all done automatically by the browser. There are META tags that you can put into web html that refresh the page but not all browsers obey -- if what u want is a javascript to reload the page from the server here it is...
Code:
location.reload(TRUE);

Rocco is the BOY!!

SHUT YOUR LIPS...
ROCCOsm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back