Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Build Data Entry Review Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsch

Technical User
Mar 9, 2004
US
I am trying to determine the best way for a user to review the entry inputted in a data entry form.

I figured a dynamically generated report would be the easiest way for the user to review all their information.

Question 1: Is this the best way for the user to review?
Question 2: If so, how do I go about creating the query that will populate the report?

Since the data hasn't been saved to the underlying tables, I would have to grab the information from the form. This seems logical, but I am unsure how to do this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1. Since the data is not stored anywhere but in the form then that is the only way to create a report. You could also do some data validation to ensure that the data is input correctly.

2. As long as the form is open then you can populate textboxes in your report with the form's current record's values.

In the control source of your report's control reference your form's fields.

Example:
=Forms!YourFormName!YourFormsFieldName

HTH,
Eric

Worked great. Thanks, luceze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back