Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buidling an web tool - need starting point help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondGuy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2005
US
hi,

i think there is a tool where you can highlight a word in an html page and then right click on it to get the meaning of it from an online dictionary.

i have been working on perl off and on .. can someone guide me how can i have same functionality so that when i highlight a word or phrase on the webpage , it runs my perl script ...

where should i start?

does this mean i need to do some windows development to incorporate this tool on my right-click button or to be on my webbrowser menu ?

i have installed ActivePerl..

thanks
BondGuy

I would suggest having the words you like to be "highlighted" marked so on the page, either by running all pages through Perl to mark the dictionary words or something to that effect.

The highlighted words would just be links on your page to a Perl script that would show the word and it's associated meaning.

- Rieekan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back