Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BUG6247

Status
Not open for further replies.

penroy

MIS
Feb 12, 2006
JM
I have a option Nortel Meridian running Rls 25.40.The system is displaying BUG6247 error.

Can someone instruct us how I get around this error.
I know that there is a corruption, but what command do I run to get rid of the error.

any help will be appreciated.

If you just want to hide the error, go to LD 17:

REQ: CHG
TYPE: ADAN
ADAN: CHG TTY X (your TTY port number)
(hit return to)
USER: XBUG
(hit return back to REQ:)

Nortel defines BUG6247 Evt.Coll: SEL (System Even List) file access error.
Action: Check the file and the hard disk. SO this does sound like corruption. Have you sysloaded the system?

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

turning off bug codes hides the problem.. which if ignored long enough will ini your system.. either log into pdt or reload.. not a good one to ignore

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

When do you get the error? Midnight routine? data dump? accessing load?

Might be as simple as replacing floppy or could have to replace CMDU and reload software.

Did you add a SLR5 tape drive to MerMail recently? Have there been any changes to your CDR ports? We had this same problem when both changes were made by the customer. We could not do a Data Dump because of corruption. We had to Erase the Daughter board, and "reload" 25.40b with PEP's and patches to recover. We removed the tape drive, and no new BUG6247 or IOD365 codes for the last three weeks.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back