Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bug in Mozilla 1.7.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota81

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
This is the same Mozilla version that is Firefox 1.0, and I'm noticing that when I click on links, such as from an e-mail message, that browser cookies are not being sent to the website. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Or is it just something screwy with my personal machine?

For instance, when I pop onto it loads up with my username already entered. But when I click on a link from my e-mail (like when a reply has been posted), tek-tips does not know who I am. Same thing with other websites.

I have noticed this as well, only with this site though. You can log in and back up one page and it will not recognize your login..... I haven't looked to far into this

I was just doing some testing here because when I clicked on the response link from my e-mail, it logged me in. If I have no browser windows open, and I click the link from an e-mail message, then the cookies get sent. But if a browser window is already open, then the cookies don't get sent.

I'll have to try the alpha version of Moz 1.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back