Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bug in Cycle property of forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glickster

MIS
Sep 1, 2005
US
I'm having a problem with a form moving off the current record when I tab off the last field and I have the form's Cycle property set to "Current Record". It only occurs when I'm on the last record of a filtered recordset for the form. Is this a bug or a Microsoft feature? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

How are ya glickster . . .

Indications are some form of corruption since [blue]Cycle Current Record [/blue] isn't working. Perhaps deleting and reconstructing the form will do!

For temporary relief until you find what the problem is, in the [blue]On exit[/blue] event of the last textbox in the tab order, copy paste the following ([blue]you![/blue] substitute proper names in [purple]purple[/purple]):
Code:
[blue]   Me![purple][b][i]1stTextboxnameInTabOrder[/i][/b][/purple].SetFocus[/blue]
[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997
Also faq181-2886

Thanks AC1! I'll try it when I have the chance, for now the users can live with it (as it will be a deal of effort). They just requested a datasheet form anyways, so this might be a moot point.

Curious that the form (Cycle property) behaves as expected for other records in the filter for the form, just not the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back