Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

buffer_pool recycle size

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxtell

Programmer
Sep 11, 2007
US
I'm trying to use buffer cache more effectively on a warehouse system. There are several tables between the external table and the fact table where the data will live. The interim tables are there to allow partition wise joins and break the data up into manageable sizes. Since I'm only inserting into and selecting from each interim table once, I don't think the buffer cache is helping me at all. With that in mind, I think it makes sense the change these tables to use buffer_pool recycle, and set db_recycle_cache_size=0. Right now there aren't any tables configured to use the recycle buffer pool. Are these changes reasonable? I'll be happy to provide more information as necessary. Changes of this type are a bit out of my depth, so any advice you have would be helpful. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------
I cannot be bought. Find leasing information at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back