Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Budget by equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPozo

Technical User
Jun 8, 2002
PE
Hi Friends,
MIMS has programs to review the costs by equipment, but you can't review costs vs. budget by equipment. It is possible just if you have one account per each equipment. I am wondering if it is possible to get an equipment budget through the maintenance plans, I mean using the APL´s and MST´s,.
Any Idea / experience? Do I need to do some programming?
Regards,
Javier Pozo

At at MIMS 4.1: an idea is to create a project on each equipment you need to monitor, then use Project Estimates (MSF667) to enter your budgets; these "estimates" can be mapped against the financial period and budget code, as well as against LAB/MAT/OTH via the field "category-code" (see "cost categorisation").

The projects can have any number of work orders linked to them. As a business rule, load all your costing against either work order or directly to project, instead of posting directly to equipment or account-code.

Projects themselves can be aggregated in complex hierarchies if required; but you can also use the equipment fields eg EGI, eq.list, etc if you need to aggregate.

MIMS will take care of posting all actual costs down to equipment level, but you will probably no longer need to use the equipment history costing reports based on msf630.

You may then need to write custom reports in RDL to report budgets & actuals from projects&work-orders in the exact format required, unless any standard reports are already available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back