Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bucketing data into object syntax or report display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
GB
Hi
Can anyone recommend the best way to bucket an object like 'Age Group' apart from the usual CASE or DECODE methods?

I guess data can be split into a chart like a scatter graph but then BO would need a variable like a prompt which would ask cust to enter a value as a unit for the X-axis scale before displaying the graph. This is currently not possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions how bucketing can be achieved in the best way?

bucketing method
(definition)
Definition: Data organization methods that decompose the space from which spatial data is drawn into regions called buckets. Some conditions for the choice of region boundaries include the number of objects that they contain or on their spatial layout (e.g. minimizing overlap or coverage).

Cheers
Maiden in dis dress

There are two steps: (We had used this in Oracle)

Step 1:
Create a function which takes input as date or number (database column) and returns the bucket number.

Step 2:
Object in Business Object should call this function in the decode statement.

Hope this helps you

Sri

Hi,

When I am trying to get data from a 'Personal Data File' using the 'New Data Wizard', after selecting the file and when clicking the View button on the 'Access Personal Data Sheet', the following is the error message displayed

ERROR:CDaoException
SCODE_CODE=340 SCODE_FACILITY=4 SCODE_SEVERITY=1 ResultFromScode=2144746132.

Becausadvance

e of the above error I am unable to proceed further.

Please advise how to clear the error and move forward.

Thanks in

Hi,

When I am trying to get data from a 'Personal Data File' using the 'New Data Wizard', after selecting the file and when clicking the View button on the 'Access Personal Data Sheet', the following is the error message displayed

Because of the above error I am unable to proceed further.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Because of the above error I am unable to proceed further.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back