Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bubble chart trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyline666

Programmer
Oct 22, 2007
GB
Hi,

I have a table called Risk, and there are 3 columns that I need for the bubble chart. They are RiskID, DateRaised and Criticality. There are also a further 3 fields (Client, PlatformID and ProjectID) which determine which Risk the belongs to which Project/Platform/Client. Client can have many Platforms, and Platform can have many Projects, and then Platform many Risks. I have included an excel file which shows Risks that I have at the moment, and at the moment there is only 1 client/platform, but 2 projects.

I have done a bubble chart already, but it doesn't display exactly how I want it. It seems to pair up Risks, so RiskId 31 and 32 are a pair, RiskID 33 and 34, and so on. I have also included a snapshot of the bubble chart. The bubble chart made is for ProjectID 10 only, as I have based the rowsource on a query, which is:

Code:
TRANSFORM Sum(Criticality) AS SumOfCriticality
SELECT DateRaised
FROM Risk
WHERE ProjectID = ?
GROUP BY DateRaised
PIVOT Riskid;

I want the Date Raised to be along the bottom, and Criticality along the side.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Andrew

Please post a sample of your source data, and then explain what result you would expext to see in the chart with repect to that data.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Did you hear what happened when the OO programmer lost his library?...
He's now living in OBJECT poverty![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skip,

I am leaving this for a while, maybe a week or so, so I will get back to you with this. Also, when you said source data do you mean which values are going into the graph becuase if so I already put them in the zipped folder I attached, they are in the bubble risk excel file. As for explaining the result, I will say when I return to this, as im not 100% sure what the user wants on the end result and am in the process of finding out, along with other things that im doing on the db.

Thanks,

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back