Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BTrieve Error 85 through Internet Information Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenF

Programmer
Jun 25, 2002
CA
We are running Pervasive SQL 2000 (for AccPac).

I have been programming (in vb ASP) such things as customer lookup, product status for use with our intranet. Everything has worked great until I point my web pages to the live database. Then the error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data Record Manager]The file is locked(Btrieve Error 85)

appears.

I understand what the error is, but when I run w3monv75, I dont see the files locked (they are opened in normal mode, with no record or transaction lock).

Details: I make a DSN-Less connection to the DB, it works fine when I point to a copy of the DB but not on the live db. Basically, I use the code you see posted under DevCenter ASP at Pervasive.com.

Can anyone shed some light as to how I can rid this error?

-Ben
ben@stardiamondtools.com

Do you have a local DB engine running? This error can indicate that you are trying to open the given files using two different engines. For example, if you have a Workgroup engine on your PC (perhaps from installing the SDK), and the files are on a server where they are opened by the Server engine, then the second engine (workgroup or server) that tries to open the file will get an Error 85.

Try disabling any local engine, and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back