Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

btrieve error 21 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubsharks

Technical User
May 21, 2001
US
I am recieving this error on one node. This is a windows 2000 server, with PVSW 2000i. DOS based application. I can run the same process from another w/s and not receive the error. This is not user specific, nor application. Any Ideas?

Check the version number (and date and size too probably) of the requester, brequest.exe. In order to fix an bug Pervasive.SQL had to enforce the requirement that the key buffer be set properly. This requirement, though documented for years, had never really been enforced and so some programs did not set it correctly. You might also check to see if the other stations use the DOS requester while the one that you have an issue with may use the newer BtrBox95 which basically attaches the DOS app to the Windows requesters. You can call Pervasive Support and I'm sure they can help you with this. Is there any particular reason you haven't tried their support?

Pervasivite

Did you ever get a solution to this Btrieve error #21? I am getting this error and am getting nowhere with our software vendor. Any direction would be appreciated.

rodney lange Admin@Farbman.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back