Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Btrieve 7 to SQL.2000i Upgrade problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notchback

Programmer
Aug 25, 2000
GB
Hi,

We are currently running a few databases under NT4 with Btrieve V7 data files. I connect to the data files with MS SQL 7 using the supplied ODBC driver from Btrieve V7. I have now upgraded to SQL.2000i but cannot see how to create a DSN from just my three DDF files like I did in Btrieve V7. We cannot convert the data files because of legacy application constraints.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Notch

I don't know if this will fix your issue but you can give it a try.
Open Pervasive Control panel and select databases. Then add a database to link to your existing DDF filse. Once you have created it in the control panel then you can use ODBC to connect to that database. When creating the System DSN at the workstation use the Pervasive ODBC Engine interface.

Below is if you want to connect to a server ODBC connection
If you are running the server version of Pervasive and you are at one of the workstations with the client installed do the following:
In the Pervasive control panel click on Pervasive.SQL 2000i Engines
Then click the menu option Action and click Register New Engine.
Then enter the server name where Pervasive server is installed. This will make a connection to that server from your client workstation.
Then add a database and follow the screens to link to your existing DDF files on your server. Use the UNC path. Once done then in the ODBC manager you can create the DSN. When creating the System DSN select the Pervasive ODBC Client Interface.

Hope that helps.

Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back