Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Btr to SQL conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac555

Technical User
Nov 6, 2007
US
We are running Progression Pervasive 775 and ready to move to MS SQL. We are hitting some errors during the conversion. The Btr2SQL doc. is a little inconsistent and I would like to get some clarification from some of you who have done this.
1) The conversion has to be run from a workstation with both Progression Pervasive and Progression MS SQL clients installed ?
2) The Btr to SQL from the Progression (MS) SQL and not from Progression Pervasive ? (The Btr2SQL doc is not consistent on this)
3) I am getting "missing or different version" error for file macsysp.dll during the first conversion step. The file is in the macola shared folder and I made sure I registered it. Also no problem with this file when I opened visual menu builder in Progression Pervasive client but get the same error in Progression MS SQL client.

I have a MS SQL server running in parallel with the Pervasive SQL server and running the conversion from a XP workstation.

I would appreciate any tips. Thank you.

Answers:

First of all, you should not attempt this without the assistance of your Exact business partner or Exact regional office.

1) correct
2) correct
3) I cannot answer

Last of all, you should not attempt this without the assistance of your Exact business partner or Exact regional office.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back