Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BT ITS vs. IPC IQMX, + MCDN vs. QSIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHTROUT

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2005
US
I am looking fr opinions or observations that anyone used when evaluating IPC vs. BT's ITS trading turret systems. It will interface with a Nortel Option system, and have about 105 seats all at a single location.

Also looking for pro-con on QSIG vs. MCDN

~
TEKIMG19K.gif

Hello

I already try a connection with IPC. We had 2 cases:
1- EURO ISDN on Nortel. Very limitated. Call are going through, that's all

2- QSIG on Nortel. Better, but it was 5 years ago and IPC doesn't support many capabilities at this time. I guess they progress to a fully QSIG protocol support.

For BT, do you mean it's Syntegra or not?

if you need a compliant QSIG or ISDNe system try looking at etrali I know they are compat with ecma 148 name display etc as I installed one a few years ago.

Merry non denominational winter festival!!!

I would look at Etrali, but they don't seem to have much of a presence in the midwest US. We also already have an IPC Tradenet MX installed, but we are doing extra homework comparing things with the BT ITS Netrix system (I think that was the Syntegra organization not too long ago)

~
TEKIMG19K.gif

Etrali trader systems are really efficent and compatible with all Networking features over QSIG. That's the one we are using usually here in west Europa, with IPC and Syntegra

The two systems you are comparing (BT/IPC) will in all likelihood both satisfy the requirements of your users.

The primary concerns then should be:
--after-sales service and ongoing support
--capital and ongoing cost of ownership

If your trading operation is not located in a major metro market than you may be dealing with sub-contractors in which case you want to understand their commitment to the domain and how quantity and quality of expertise in your locale.

This can normally be deduced from the number of trading positions the supplier has installed in your area. The more customers they have , the more likely they have more than a few people who understand the system.

Both suppliers you mention have artificially high list prices that they often discount between 40-60% based on their desire to win the deal.

In the case of an incumbent there are other considerations with respect to buy-back of old system.

GHTROUT,

I would avoid the Etrali system because of their lack of support. I administer an Etrali system in the midwest and to be quite honest with you, their support is substandard at best. Because they are headquartered in NY ( for North America), they contract out the local support to a local company, but unfortunately, the local techs are almost never well versed in supporting the system, however, they do act as the eyes and hands of remote techs from NY. Furthermore, equipment is not as readily available as IPC or BT.

Lamasu

Thanks Lamasu. We are not even considering Etrali because they have such a small presence. We headquarter in Milwaukee, WI.

~

I have a BT system and I would go IPC because of the lack of support that I have received from BT. They choose to send a "lackey" instead of empowering the customer’s tech on-site. 9 out of 10 times, in my experience, we fix the issue once their tech’s go on lunch.

TO: gebski (Programmer)
13 Jul 06 6:48

What city, or state, or what region, or if all of those divulge more than you wamt - I ask because of curosity that you were supported out of Chicago or Minneapolis. Ours would be Chicago - if we went with them. We have not counted them out but there would need to be a reason that IPC was a bad choice - and so far six-nines of uptime over 7 years of service.

~

Well, Our BT support was not for Chicago or Minneapolis. Is your turret system going to interface with an Avaya System/Intuity? I the past (5+ years ago), IPC could not get MWI's to work on there turrets from our Avaya switch... BT could. We went with BT.

I have an older switch so maybe, with the new BT technology, support would be better.

I'd say they are pretty much neck and neck at this stage. The integration w/messaging is better on BT.

just and FYI, BT has 4 techs in Chicago vs. IPC which has about 18 I am told. I prefer IPC, however, they tend to be expensive and somewhat arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back