Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BT Featureline phone caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipohead

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2010
GB
Found an old BT Featureline phone which works OK as an analogue phone but the caller ID doesn't work on an ordinary exchange line or an IPO 500 for the UK.

Just out of curiosity is there a caller ID setting on the IPO that it likely to work?

(for those overseas Featureline is a Centex system and best avoided).

There is a UK and a UK20 setting
all the way on the bottom so it may be the oldest junk they have or just because they go alphabetically :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Many thanks Westi but that didn't work.

I don't think I'll spend any more time on this as changing the caller ID setting seems to need a complete restart of the system.

Incidentally if anyone comes across one of the phones, by default the buttons are programmed to issue star commands which may have unexpected results on an IP Office (look for SINET 297 if you really want to know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back