Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSR222

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevelinoSuriname

Technical User
Sep 20, 2003
SR
Hi,
I am in the process of implementing a Nortel BSR router and would like to configure the backup feature included with it. This will be usefull if the primary WAN link goes down. I see that I need to connect the BSR222 to an external modem which I have already done, but I am stuck at the settings needed to be configured on the BSR222.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rachiano.

Hi HungryHouse,
I tried everything showed in the document but still can't get it working. I replaced the AT initial string with one that should work with the modem. One thing I noticed is that the BSR222 sends out an ATH command which I think is wrong. And I am not able to change this anywhere. I saw this when I connected the bsr222 to a pc and started hyperterminal. also I would like to know when this bsr222 sends out the signals to the external modem. Is it when I disconnect the WAN cable?

Thanks.

Rachiano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back