Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSR222 Simultaneous ABOT and User Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevelinoSuriname

Technical User
Sep 20, 2003
SR
Hi,
I have a BSR222 at HQ configured to terminate ABOT tunnels coming from a remote location. This works fine. When I enable and configure the BSR222 at HQ to terminate user tunnels, the ABOT is not working anymore. Does anyone know if the BSR222 can support both ABOT's and user tunnels simultaneously?

Thanks.
Rachiano.

I'm not absolutely sure about the current release, but on the release that was being shipped a couple of years ago, you could not terminate both user tunnels and branch office tunnels. It was one or the other, end of story.

Revelino,

If the BSR222 is not being used as a Contivity client itself, then it SHOULD be able to terminate IPsec user tunnels in addition to running Branch-Office-Tunnels.

Please note the documentation from the user guide (p 202)
"As a VPN router that can have encrypted connections to multiple remote VPN
routers. With this role, it can also serve as a termination point for encrypted
connections from computers using Nortel’s Contivity VPN Client 3.0, 5.01,
5.11, 6.01, 6.02, or 7.01 software."

The Assymetric piece however indicates that the remote end (in your case) has a dynamic address and is the initiator and your 222 is the responder (and I am assuming using a static).

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work frankly because each tunnel is a separate instance given the above is true.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back