Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSR VPN client

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
Is there any way when a user connects to a BSR 222 VPN client they are able to see other workgoup computers and their shared folders.

Yes, keyword - "Client Termination", you can find it in webGUI under VPN settings.

--------------------------
I'm from Russia...

I understand how the vpn client works. I have it connected and can ping everything on the internal network. The issue i have is joining the workgroup or the vpn client so you can print share and file share with the other computers in the office when you are working remotely.

I haven't played with client termination on the BSR 222, as I've used them for just BO tunnels. Is there an option to push out a domain name and DNS servers from the internal DHCP server on the 222? It sounds to me like the device that is initiating the connection doesn't know it's DNS suffix, so it isn't resolving names properly. Can you ping the FQDN of a device on the main network? If you can ping the FQDN, but not the netbios name, then somehow pushing out a DNS domain name to the client (or hardcoding one) should fix the issue. I know that can be done in the Contivity 1010, 17XX and 26XX models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back