Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSR and suppressed polling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2003
AU
Hi all

I have just configured BSR between two site and all pretty much seems to be working as designed. This is a situation where the polling is done via an IP trunk and if conditions are met the call then routs out via the public network.

The issue arises if the system polls the remote system and either no agents are available or logged in then the polling is suppressed. I can understand the reasoning behind this, but in the situation I am in if the system was to poll again a second or two later there would generally be an agent available.

Is there a setting somewhere that the polling suppression time can be adjusted, or if not could anyone offer any other suggestions.

Regards

Richard

If you have enough vector steps, how about adding another consider skill step further down the vector?

Just a thought..

Thanks,

Wildcard

I basically already have that in the vector as I have a return to step x unconditionally, which doesnt really get around the issue as polling seems to be suppressed for a certain amount of seconds which I would really like to be able to change if possible.

Thanks

Richard

Not sure if this is will work, but there's a field called "Maximum Suppression Time" in the best service routing table? It looks like it's defaulted to 30 seconds, maybe you can change this and affect the suppression time?

Just a thought..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
change best-service-routing 1 Page 1 of 15
BEST SERVICE ROUTING APPLICATION

Number: 1 Name: _______________ Maximum Suppression Time: 30 Lock? n

Num Location Name Switch Node Status Poll VDN Interflow VDN Net Redir?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool thanks for that, looks like it did the trick and I dont know how I missed it. Oh well all fixed now.

Cheers

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back