Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSOD Question, identify error please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
US
I've recently gotten the following BSOD in a number of different contexts, but always when running a 3d program.

*** Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Beginning dump of physical memory.

Now other times that I've gotten this screen the number sequences have been different, but I my recollection was that they specify the memory location where the error took place, so I don't make anything of that difference. My question is, I know sort of what an IRQ is, something about interrupt priority or something, but I certainly don't know how to adjust them, or even to determine what's wrong with them. For the record my system is an Athlon 1400, MSI k Master-S mb, 512 mb ram, Gladiac 920(geforce3), Deskstar 75gb. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been getting this error quite a bit.

This may not help much, but here is a very simplistic explanation of the error from MS:

Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has value 0x000000D1. This signifies that the system attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

Parameters
The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description
1 Memory referenced
2 IRQL at time of reference
3 zero: Read
one: Write
4 Address that referenced memory

Comments
This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

Not much there, huh? All I gather from it is it seems to be driver related in which case I would begin looking at the video drivers and possibly any tweaking you may have done. Try newer drivers if they are out there.

You may want to take a look at this site/forum to see if anyone else has had similar problems..

Doug
dxd_2000@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back