Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSD090 errors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneswitchnewbie

Programmer
Jun 10, 2016
US
We have been getting a lot of these lately:

BSD090 EXPANSION CABINET 1 - PWR BATT

BSD EXPANSION CABINET 1 - PWR OK BATT OK

Looking through some threads on these forums, it appears the most likely fix would be to replace the fiber optic cable between the two cabinets. When turning off the lights in the phone room, I did notice some parts of the cable glow, some spots more than others... is this an indication of a bust cable?

Also, I'm wondering whether certain intermittent issues (e.g. unable to call certain extensions) could be related to these BSD090 errors. However, we get a lot of other errors too, lots of BUG5327, BUG4221, BUG4216, BUG4217 and ERR5101, ERR5098, ERR5106. Is there any possibility bad fiber could be causing these?

Thanks!

In my experience, it's the fibre cable but it could also be where the connecter connects at the SSC card or receiver board end (Usually the SSC end). One trick is the disconnect the fibre cable and unroll it and re-connect it again.

I did this for a customer whilst I was waiting to a replacement fibre cable to be delivered.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

I have attempted to reconnect the cable, but no difference. Will order a replacement.

Also tried running a remote loopback test in LD 135, which failed, does this mean it is definitely the fiber?

>ld 135
CCED000
.dis fil 1
.llbk fil 1
OK

.rlbk 1
CCED004 Insufficient arguments.
.rlbk fil 1

CCED506 Fiber link failed loop-back test. channel 0x0000
.enl fil 1

It certainly sounds like the fibre has failed. I think you can also use the fibre cable from a Norstar Modular system as it has the same connectors.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website =

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back