Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSCI 640-901 Passed with 883

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 11, 2002
GB
Hi

Just passed the BSCI exam today with 883/1000.

It was more difficult than the switching exam with some of the questions being quite indirect.

57 questions, 1 sim, 1 drag and drop.

Boson BSCI test 2 is a good indicator of readiness.

Boson BSCI Test 1 and Test 3 dont seem to be as in depth

Cheers
ste

The BSCN/BSCI exam for the CCNP is probably the hardest out of all 4 exams. The other exams are a LOT more focused on material (remote access/switching/etc).

What books did you use? I have the cicso press BSCI self study by Katherine paquet& Diane Teare (c)2003 and the Sybex from Todd Lamell and the other two authors... their latest.(c)6/1/2002

What did you use for simulator software or did you use actual hardware? I am planning on using routersim, is that good or bad it your opinion?

I plan on the Boson tests as you had stated. Maybe self test. Any opinion?

If You can,what did you find most challenging for you?

Thanks Littleluker

I used the Cisco Press CCNP routing book by Clare Gough and downloaded the ISIS supplement. the Lammle/Sybex book is a little light in depth.

Boson was OK.

I didn't use any simulators as I have quite a lot of hands on experience. There is some simulator questions in the latest boson exams

good luck

ste1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back