Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bryce 5 boolean bug? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

autocannon

Technical User
Jan 28, 2003
US
I have seen a few other threads on this, and its got me too! I just got bryce 5 and am following the tutorial that comes WITH bryce. I have followed it step by step but to no avail. The positive/negative booleans don't cancel one another out, it just all stays positive. WHAT is wrong! Is this a bug, has anyone else encountered this as well, and have you been able to fix it?

When I first did the tutorial, the first time it makes you use boolean stuff is with upside-down terrain (i.e. holes). It took me forever to realize (because I don't think the tutorial says anything about it) that I needed to make the ground plane positive as well as make the upside-down terrain negative. Of course, the ground plane must also be grouped. The ground plane is the grid that is there from the beginning by the way, just in case a beginner doesn't know. If that doesn't help, try just making two spheres and put one part-way inside the other. Make one positive, the other negative, then group. This way is simple enough it's hard to screw up, and if it still does not work, then maybe your bryce has an error/compatability issue. I hope that's not what is wrong though.

Hello,

I just purchased Bryce 5 and figured out the problem. After you get to the point of creating the 2 terrains and setup the ground plane you need to group all of them together and set the attributes to positive. Then create the terrain the you will cut from the rest, rotate 180 deg., then set it's attribute to negative, then put it in place. Now you must group all of the objects together. You should see in the wireframe that the first group (2 terrains and the ground plane appear as solid lines and the boolean object will show as dotted lines. Now create your water planes and place it under the ground plane (I also placed it under the bollean terrain). If you look at the nano view you should see the lake.

Dave

I have the same problem. It seems to be a Windows XP issue. The fine folks at Corel support say they have no immediate plans to support XP for Bryce 5. How's that for a stupid idea?

Anyone else know of any workarounds?

I have just brought Corel Bryce 5 and I been playing with it for a bit now, and I have windows home XP and it does support windows XP it even say's it on the box too..
I made a few images using Corel Bryce 5 under windows XP and they turned out pretty good.
here take a look here's my T-shirt web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back