Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browsing Tables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammoth

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2001
US
I am using Crystal 7 w/ Mas90. I was wondering if there was an easier way to browse data in data files, other than having to use Crystal to do it?

I think that MAS90 crystal uses a proprietary connection to read the tables. If it was a standard ODBC connection you could open up the tables in Excel or MS Access which would be a very bad thing. That would give you read/write access to the tables. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

MAS90 has various ODBC drivers, depending on the platform. They provide read only access, and support the use of the MAS90 userid and password.
The ODBC drivers are used by the reporting tools that MAS90 uses, including SCR, and ship/install with the product.
Excel is the usual favorite of accountants, so you could use Excel with ODBC to peek through the data. Malcolm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back