Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browser STILL crashes in DW4

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypet

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
I have written to this forum before about this problem, but we couldn't get it staightened out.

I was just was working on clients page revisions and the browser crashed again.

When I work on a page and then try to preview it in either NS or IE, it takes from 1 to 4 minutes for the browser to display the page, IF AT ALL! Today, not only did it take forever, but then came back with a "browser not found" message.

This is really getting to me. I can't be productive working like this. I lost an hours worth of work today.

Dreamweaver 4, IE-5, NS-4.7. Someone suggested trash and reload the program. But how do I save all my files? Where does DW put ALL the pages AND SETTINGS etc. that I will DESPARATELY NEED if I do reload.

I'm in real trouble here! The client really wants to get this new page up.

Thanks in advance for any constructive input.

Don't close the browser between views. Constantly closing and reopening makes it load very slowly.

I assume you have all of you files in a subdirectory (usually labeled "sites". That subdirectory won't be deleted if you de-install DW (but make a backup copy just in case). Just delete DW and reinstall - but I doubt if that is really the problem.

Oh, browsers crash. Frequently. Almost as bad as Windows Media Player lol Peace
BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back