Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

browser session

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuxapian

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way of accessing a web page from an application and getting the page back as an object so that form values can be read and set and even submitted. I realise that this is a generalized question but can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA
Wux.

What I think you are talking about is what active server pages do.

I'd get a book on ASP.NET / ADO.NET / VISUAL STUDIO.NET & C#. There are many out there. If you are using visual studio.net I'd start with that

Thanks for the reply but that's now what I meant. I am talking about having a client machine that can parse the html code and then allow access to the tags in some kind of object or array.

Wux.

Wuxapian -

HTML is a subset of XML. If it's well-formed HTML, you might be able to load it into a DOM. But my experience has been that unless you're the one creating the HTML, it's usually not well-formed.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back