Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browser compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts2032

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hello all,

I have a table that is simply put together. The problem I am having is how it is being viewed by different browsers, namely MS IE 5 and IE 5.5.

this is the table design.
<div align=&quot;center&quot;>
<table width=&quot;100%&quot;>
<tr>
<td width=&quot;10%&quot;>Some Text In Here</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width=&quot;100%&quot; rowspan=&quot;10&quot;><hr width=&quot;100%&quot; color=&quot;silver&quot;>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

So, the table is very basic. Now, the problem is in IE 5.0 the <hr> cell is more narrow than the one in IE 5.5.

This table is on a page that can be printed. It is dynamically filled, so the number of lines may vary. In 5.5, I can only get about 40 lines per page where as in 5.0 I get over 60. Currently I test for the browser so that I know how many lines to print before the page break, but I would like to have the dispay a little more common between both browsers. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

tsmith

Hi,

HR is used to create a line, why not just insert a pixel, 1x1 and make it 100% wide? Then the hieght will always be the same no matter what you do.

That then guarantees it will work in all browsers

Cheers

James

James,

Thanks, that is what I did.

tsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back