Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browser Back/Forward button does not maintain original form hidden val

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamKumar

Programmer
Nov 2, 2002
US
Hi,

I am facing very weird problem:

My servlet produce a dynamic page which shows list of all saved address in dropdown:
1. Address 1
2. Address 2

Customer can select address from dropdown and click "EDIT" button which submits the form (POST) and then my servlet redirect to another page which displays the existing address and customer can save the changes. This page also contains the hidden addressID which I use to recongnize the address. For ex: in case address1, address id may be something like:
<input name=addressID type=hidden value=123>

Now lets say customer saves the form and return to the address dropdown page and then select address2 and click Edit button and lets say the hidden addressID is:
<input name=addressID type=hidden value=456>

Customer saves the address2 and return to address dropdown page. Now if customer uses browser back button and reaches "address 1" page and if I look into view source of that HTML, I am seeing addressID as "456" instead of "123 even though all other information like name, address etc shows of "address1".

I am not sure why is this happening? I am using IE6, WinXP.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back