Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

browseable policy on clone save set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspreet101

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a EMC CDL (Virtual Tape Library) with capacity to hold 2 days of backup.I am useing Embeded storage node capabilty to move data from EMC CDL to Physical tape library connected on back of it.

I want to use automatic savset cloning of data , but the problem is since the space on EMC CDL is enoght to handle 2 days of backup , i have to setr Browseable and retention policy on CDL for 2 days.I know we can set retention policy on clone pool , but it takes browable policy from Source (in this case 2 days),Is their a way to change the bwoseable policy on clone set.

I know scripts are possible solution.Can somebody help me out.

Thanks
Jas

No - policies is what you have to setup in the client resource. And this is for the client, not for the pool.

The only way you have is changing the browse and/or retention dates (nsrmm -w browse_date -e retention_date -S ssid) for a save set after the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back