Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browse option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coding

Programmer
Aug 13, 2000
CA
Does anyone know how I can make the browse button browsing for files. Desired to be in VB. It seems that I should have a browse object. I couldn't find it in the MSDN library.

Add a refrence to the Common Dialog object under Projects->Components. This will add the common dialog control to your toolbox. With this control you can easily open/save files and select printers using the standard windows dialog boxes. Ruairi

Could your manufacturing facility benefit from real time process monitoring? Would you like your employees to be able to see up to the minute goal and actual production?
For innovative, low cost solutions check out my website.

Don't be so darn lazy. There is no simple way to just plop the common dialog control down and make a browse button. The guy wants to select folders, not files and he wants the path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back