Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browse for folder from .asp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hummer010

Technical User
Sep 29, 2000
CA
I have an .asp file which creates a text file on the users computer full of data from an ODBC linked database. I currently have a textbox which the user has to enter the full path of the new file into. People are complaining that they wish they could browse folders as well.

What I would like to do is launch a "browse for folders" dialog from the .asp which will update the existing textbox with the folder chosen.

Is this possible??

What about the HTML tag <input type=&quot;file&quot;>? This allows browsing the local drive. Of course it sends the selected file on submit.

How did you create a text file on the client computer?

I was wrong about the file creation.

My computer is the server, with the D: Drive shared. There is only one other user who has my d: drive mapped as his d: drive.

It appeared that the files were being created locally, but that was just because both computers have the same d: drive.

If I had actually thought about it, I should have known that an .asp would be creating the file on the server side, not the client side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back