Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browse - Browse box has more columns than is defined in the formatter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleiman

Programmer
May 3, 2006
US
Hi Everyone.

I have a browse list box that has 5 columns created with the list box formatter. When I run the app it shows 9 columns.

Can you tell me how to remove the extra 4 columns I don't want to show up in the app?

Thanks.
Emad

Hi Emad,

Look for code in your embeds that alters the
FEQ{PROP:Format} or the
FEQ{PROPLIST:Format,n}

HTH,
Mark

Hi Emad,

You most likely have the ListBox Format Manager enabled for the Browse and the previous format was for 9 columns. Right-click on the browse, go into the List Formats --> Format Setup --> Delete ALL. This will reset the stored formats for this browse.

Remember I warned you of this problem with ListBox Formats Manager.

Regards

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking. That code was not used in the embeds.

Truly,
Emad

Hi ShankarJ,

Thanks for the reminder. I did your steps and the problem went away.

Do you know if the problem has been fixed in Clarion7?

Truly.
Emad

Hi Emad,

Since the ListBox Format Manager just stores the different Format Strings, it might be difficult to identify. At least, you are lucky as your problem was that of more columns. I have had GPF's in previous Clarion versions. The only check that can be done is to compare the Original Format String with the Default on Initialisation and offer to reset all if they are different. But this would also cause problems as a simple change of a Picture Clause could trigger this.

By the way, Mark's suggestions was right but the only difference is that the PROP:Format assignment is done in the class. Check the ListFormatManagerClass in \Clarion6\libsrc\BRWEXT.clw.

Regards

Hi ShankarJ,

That's good to know because I only cought the extra columns since I am only at the design stage of the project. When designing my browse boxes I need to remember to turn the Format List Manager on after the app is complete tested and ready to go into production.

Truly,
Emad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back