Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brownout Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnccl

Technical User
Dec 15, 2016
GB
I have a IPO 500v2 system which restarts periodically. It has a APC UPS providing it's power together with some other IT components.

Getting following message on Monitor Alarm Log

Date: 09/11/2021 17:47:54
Reason: Abnormal Termination
Termination Cause: <BROWNOUT> addr=00000000 d=0 pc=f00badb0

Power supply in unit or software issue

Thanks in anticipation

Well that would seems to be a very specific hint that either the UPS isn't doing its job or the IP500 V2 PSU is failing (a know weakness of IP500 control units).

UPS's do fail, they don't last forever (and as my employers once learnt to their cost, occasionally they catch fire - though hopefully we're far from that situation in this case).

Is there any other kit on the UPS and is that kit similarly having occasional issues?

If you're site isn't suffering brownouts (drops in the power supply voltage) then it might be worth seeing if the problems persist if you bypass the UPS.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I had one recently that would show brown outs every few days. Then it would come back on its own. Finally the PS died. This one was about 11 years old. On the V1s I think it was symptom and not a problem. We replaced several of them just have then fail again in 6 months.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Hi All,

The UPS runs the IPO together with a Desktop PC, IP Phone and Decserver - no problem with any of the other devices. I will bypass the UPS and if problem persists change the power supply in IPO to see it that resolves issue.

Thanks

I have a lot of don't know about the specifics. What I do know. Your best bet is to get a new chassis. Load 11.X Whatever with a blank Avaya SD card. (Like what $50) Make a call to lock the chassis to the version. May not matter as much anymore. But who knows. Put your existing card in and reboot, Let it load your current version. As a vendor. What I do know is, if you spend more than three or four hours with this issue, for what we charge you could have bought a new chassis and SD card.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back