Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brother MFC5100C Error 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeBon

Instructor
Jan 31, 2004
US
After much research, I have determined that the Error 41 on the Brother MFC5100C is a common problem. The machine is out of warranty, so no help from Brother, although there are hundreds of posts on the internet about the same problem. Apparently, it is caused by a print head problem. I've cleaned and replaced the print head. I'm trying to find the Brother error service codes to try to clear the error. I will never buy another multifuntion unit as when one thing goes, it is completely useless. Live and learn. Thanks for reading my message.

JaeBon,

Thanks for sharing...many people agree with you:

I would recommend HP for a replacement, they have decent multifunctions for the same price as a stand-alone printer. They do save on space, and if you stay close to the lower end you still get a decent piece of equipment that may last for years, and if it fails in a year or two it's not so painful.

If you have any ink or cartridges for the Brother sell them on eBay. Best of luck!

Tony

"...an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind" - M.L. King

I also had a Brother MFC and will never buy another Brother anything. It was the biggest piece of junk ever. I like Cannon lasers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back