Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broken RAID stripes! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leavin12

MIS
Jul 11, 2003
HK
Hi everyone,

I got a problem, I am using a ABIT AT7-RAID mainboard with a onboard HPT370 RAID controller.
I used 2 IBM 40G Harddisks with stripe (RAID 0). (primary-master and secondary-master)
Few days ago, I bought a 80G harddisk and wanted to plug it to the 2 RAID drives.
However, I forgot to set the jumper to slave and the HighPoint BIOS noticed me "Broken Stripes(0)" everytime when I start my computer and could not access to WinXP and even could not access to the 2 harddisks to get back my data.
Now, I have unplugged the new harddisk, but the "Broken Stripes(0)" notice is still shown...

I want to repair the broken stripes, anybody has idea on that? or any method for me to get back my data?

I know HPT370 RAID BIOS has a newest version 2.34 which got a "rebuild" function. Do you know it can help?

(someone said if I want to upgrade a onboard RAID BIOS, I need to use "cbrom.exe" to combine the BIOS with the motherboard. I tried that, but I dont know how to use, can anyone teach me?)

I will be very happy if I can get my data back. Please Help!!!

Thank you very much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back