Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broken CRXI files with VB.NET 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkaboy

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
US
Hello All:

I have written an app in VB.NET 2005 that calls 60 crystal reports, refreshes them, sends the needed number of copies to the printer, and exports a single copy to PDF format.

The problem is a random number of reports refuse to be called by the .NET program. We can manually open, refresh, and print the report thru CRXI, but when calling the same report within the app it just hangs up the app and stops the print job. The only solution I have had success with it to rebuild the report from scratch. Copying the report does not work. Only a clean build solves the problem and allows .Net to run the report.

It is not a resource issue as I have implemented code to dispose of the document object after each print.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, is there a patch or known issue we should be aware of??

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back