Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brocade Silkworm 3200 - forgot password

Status
Not open for further replies.

kempy4321

MIS
Sep 16, 2004
US
Hello,
We have a Brocade Silkworm 3200 fibre switch that we can not locate the administrator password for. Is there a way to reset this, or is there a default ID that we can use to gain access to the device? Or is there a way to do a hard reset on the device to get it back to factory defaults? Any way possible that we can get back into this device would be appreicated.
Thanks!

Hello,

not sure about Silkworm 3200, but I think for other switches I saw it in the manual.
Either you have it at hand, or google for it.

hope this helps

Hi. We've been searching around google for it, but haven't had any luck. I've seen it mentioned online that we can contact the manufacturer and request some sort of password reset firmware, but I'm guessing they will probably charge for it, and heaven forbid my company spend a few dollars to save an expensive piece of equipment. So I was hoping there was some way around it... do something during power up, a jumper inside to reset, etc.

From the manual (the hoinz's link), page 29:

[tt]
In the event that a user changes a password and forgets it, the password can be reinitialized.

To reset factory defaults

1. Connect the serial port to a PC/workstation using a standard serial cable with a DB9 connector.

2. Establish a connection to the shell.

The prompt is displayed as switchName:userName>

For example: sw4:admin>

3. Enter the configDefault command.
[/tt]

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back