Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadcom NetXtreme II 5708c NIC and baseline 3com 2824 spf+ problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pie8ter

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
US
We bought three Dell poweredge 2950 server with dual Broadcome Netxtreme II 5708c NICs each. We connected these three servers to a 3com 10/100 superstack switch along with other servers. Everything worked fine. Recently we replaced the 10/100 with baseline 2824 1Gbit switch. The Broadcom Netxtreme II refuses to work with the swtich at 1Gbit mode. I have the server and an XP client with 10/100 NIC on the same switch. If I transfer a 300MB file on either direction, it errors out. However, if the client has a 1Gbit NICs, then there is no problem.

When I connected the client and the server with a crossover cable and transferred the file, there wasn't any problem with the 10/100 XP client. It seems like there is a prblem with the switch or settings. Any help is greatly appreciatd.

Have you tried restarting the server at all, i had the same problem with a different brand of switch and netxtreme nic's, rebooting the server seemed to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back