Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadcom Advanced Control Suite, no option to create Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exel2000

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2006
US
Ok, this is driving me nuts and it's probably something simple. I am running XPsp2 on a Dell GX280. I have two NIC's in the system that I want to team. One is Netextreme 57xx Gigabit Controller and the other is a Netextreme Gigabit Ethernet. They are both Broadcom and I had them setup as a team before reloading the OS from scratch. I am using BACS version 9.0.4 and the Create Team option is grayed out from the Tools menu. Anyone have a clue how to make this available? I've tried several different driver versions with no success. I can't figure it out! Thanx.

-Sam

I actually had a similar problem on a PE2850 (intel NICs, not Brocadcom, though.) What it came down to was that the drivers as shipped by Dell did not support that functionality.

Get the latest drivers directly from Broadcom, and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back