Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadcast message to everyone - re: UPS powerchute 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

theripper

MIS
Aug 12, 1999
US
Ok - I'm still new at this so please don't start laughing yet. . . <br><br>Our Novell server (4.11) sent a broadcast 'notify' message to everyone today stating the UPS had lost the connection to the server.&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, this was my first time seeing this message - and as you can guess - everyone started calling me asking &quot;What did you do to the server?&quot;<br><br>Does anyone know how I may turn this &quot;Everyone Notify&quot; message off?<br><br>Thank you.

There are two ways of doing this.<br><br>The first is to add the following line in the login script:<br><br>#send /A=N<br><br>This will turn off all broadcast messages from being recieved at the workstation.<br><br>The second will work if you are using Client32:<br><br>Rt-Click the red N in the system tray-Click Client32 properties - Advanced Settings - Message Timeout - Change value to 1.<br><br>By doing this the message will briefly flash on the screen and go away. There is a little detail about time when you click on the Msg Timeout line.<br><br>HTH,<br>Troy Lawson

Usually, the UPS software has a configuration option which will prevent this type of message from being broadcast.

PowerChute's management program can modify all alerts and responses.&nbsp;&nbsp;In this case start the manager, go to the drop down menu &quot;configuration&quot;, then &quot;event actions&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;There you will find a list of events and actions set up for them.&nbsp;&nbsp;APC in it's default setup notifies everyone for several different events.&nbsp;&nbsp;Go to each event and change as you want.

yvfwc - thanks for the reply!&nbsp;&nbsp;Very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back