Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

broadcast message repeating 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boreed615

Technical User
Sep 2, 2008
US
Option 61C with Meridan Mail
At times, a broadcast message that has been sent will be repeated maby up to six times or more. Do you think it may be human error or system error?
Does anyone know a good place to start? as you can tell I am new at all this. thank you for your help .

My guess is the person broadcasting (recording) does not realize each time they are re-recording, it is simply appending to the first attempt.

The best practice is for you to have a single mailbox that has broadcast capability, then the "talent" does an express message recording into that mailbox as many times as they want. When done, you/they log into the mailbox, listen and select that "perfect" version and then "forward" the best one to the broadcast mailbox number. This way, there is never a mistaken broadcast. Think of it as a drop-off point for broadcasts, so they can be reviewed before they are forwarded out to the world.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Thank you,GHTROUT. A drop off box is a good ideal,I will do that. The repeat messages today were identical (no stop and start over) and thay went out to 497 boxes in 11 distribution list. Do you know anything that will make this happen?

Well, I'd be somewhat surprised if it was something other than what I said (cuz I've watched lots of presidents and HR directors do it so many times) but since you can't save them the evidence is hard to obtain. The other possibility is if the message was sent to distribution lists and to the broadcast mailbox number in the same session.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Thank you GHTROUT for all your help. The employees that are using the broadcast most of the time are check in/out, activities director and so on. I will go over the broadcast procedure with them again. Maybe that will stop this. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back