Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadcast Mailbox? (Audix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moshimoshi

Technical User
Mar 11, 2008
US

I know there is a broadcast mailbox you can set up in AUDIX, we already have it set up, and that if you make a message for this inbox, you can schedule it to deliver to all members of AUDIX.

We also have Guestworks installed on this box, is there a way to make a broadcast mailbox specifically for the guest-works guest mailboxes only, or even just broadcast to a specific range of extensions?

Thanks in advance!

~Sean
-----------------------
Telecom Analyst, FOI.\\\\_______________

You have to ensure the mail box has broadcast capability in the COS withinn Audix.I beleive you can also create distribution list once you login into the mailbox with the Broadcast permissions.

I believe the Class of service is all setup right, the broadcast box exists too, does anyone have a menu walkthrough for checking the mailing list and such?

~Sean
-----------------------

Actually, let me search AVAYA support

~Sean
-----------------------

Well I found the documentation but, as with all of the documentation I have seen so far, it suggests that Broadcast will go to ALL mailboxes corporate wide, I don't see any way to select particular users, or creating a broadcast-only list for our Hotel extensions (we were hoping to do a marketing blast to all Hotel guests when they logged into their guest mailbox)

~Sean
-----------------------

After recording a broadcast message, you can also manually address it to the extension you want it to go to.

I did see that much, Notecher, however, to leave a message on all of the hotel rooms, wouldn*t that mean whoever the poor sod is recording the broadcast message would have to enter 328 extensions?

Is there a way to make recipient lists?

~Sean
-----------------------

Voicemail messages can be addressed to one or more public (or private) distribution lists.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

Theres probably some documentation on this, but I wont have enough time to look it up in the next few days, can someone give me the low and dirty on making a public distribution list?

~Sean
-----------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back